★★★☆☆ 2 votes3
2 can(s)tomato paste, italian (6oz. size)
1 clovegarlic, crushed
1/2 cgrated parmesan or romano cheese
2 cshredded mozzarella cheese
1 lbbulk italian sausage (or casings removed)
1egg, beaten with a little water
1/2 tspdried oregano or italian seasoning mix
1/4 tspblack pepper
2 pkgprepared pizza dough
·flour, for dusting
How to Make Rolled Pizza
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Brown the sausage in a frying pan, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain well & set aside to cool.
- Mix together the tomato paste, garlic, oregano or Italian seasoning, salt and pepper (taste to adjust seasonings; you can really use however much you like)
- Dust your work surface with flour and roll out one package of pizza dough into a rectangle not quite the size of a 9 x 13 baking sheet.
- Spread half the tomato paste mixture onto the dough. Go all the way to the edge on the short sides but not on the long.
- Sprinkle on half the cheeses, then half the sausage. Again, go all the way to the short edges but not the long.
- Fold the short edges over, then roll the dough lengthwise; you should end up with something that looks like a giant burrito.
- Transfer roll to a baking sheet lined with a silpat or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Repeat steps 5 through 8 for the 2nd package of dough.
- Brush each roll with the egg wash.
- Bake 35 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
- Slice and serve at room temperature.