★★★☆☆ 2 votes3
- 2 can(s)
- tomato paste, italian (6oz. size)
- 1 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan or romano cheese
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb
- bulk italian sausage (or casings removed)
- egg, beaten with a little water
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano or italian seasoning mix
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 2 pkg
- prepared pizza dough
- flour, for dusting
How to Make Rolled Pizza
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 2Brown the sausage in a frying pan, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain well & set aside to cool.
- 3Mix together the tomato paste, garlic, oregano or Italian seasoning, salt and pepper (taste to adjust seasonings; you can really use however much you like)
- 4Dust your work surface with flour and roll out one package of pizza dough into a rectangle not quite the size of a 9 x 13 baking sheet.
- 5Spread half the tomato paste mixture onto the dough. Go all the way to the edge on the short sides but not on the long.
- 6Sprinkle on half the cheeses, then half the sausage. Again, go all the way to the short edges but not the long.
- 7Fold the short edges over, then roll the dough lengthwise; you should end up with something that looks like a giant burrito.
- 8Transfer roll to a baking sheet lined with a silpat or sprayed with non-stick spray.
- 9Repeat steps 5 through 8 for the 2nd package of dough.
- 10Brush each roll with the egg wash.
- 11Bake 35 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool.
- 12Slice and serve at room temperature.