Roasted Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 large
- can chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- spices and herbs of your choice like, chopped fresh rosemary, hungarian paprika, masala, garlic powder, etc.
How to Make Roasted Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans
- 1Preheat oven to 400-degrees.
- 2Drain the can of garbanzo beans in a strainer and rinse thoroughly with water to clean off the beans. Lay a paper towel on a baking sheet and spread the beans atop it. Use another paper towel to gently press and absorb the water on the beans. Roll the beans around with the paper towel to also remove the thin skin from any of the beans. Discard the skins and the paper towels.
- 3Drizzle the olive oil over the beans and use your hands or a spatula to toss around and coat. Sprinkle the beans with salt and flavorings. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the beans are a deep golden brown and crunchy.