Authentic Italian Recipes from the region of Calabria in Southern Italy.
- 2 c
- rice (riso superfine arborio)
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley (we like parsley so we add more)
- 1 pinch
- salt to your desired taste
- large garlic cloves (use 3 cloves if small)
How to Make Rice Balls
- 1Using a 4 liter pot, cover rice with water, bring to boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is soft or well cooked. Let cool until cold.
- 2Add 4 eggs, parmesan cheese, salt, parsley and garlic to the rice in a large bowl.
Mix well – Mush it, squish it and mix all ingredients by hand.
- 3Mold the balls into desired shape (helps to coat your hands with oil to avoid sticking)
- 4Fill a deep frying pan with Mazola corn oil…enough to cover at least half of a rice ball…heat oil and carefully place the formed rice balls into the heated oil.
Turn quickly, when golden brown place on plate and allow to cool.