Blue Ribbon Recipe
These are just plain fun! We used wonton wrappers and, while they took a good bit of time and effort, we were thrilled with how the finished "sacks" turned out. Try them with ranch or bleu cheese sauce as Kim suggests, or serve 'em up with a dollop of honey mustard. Yum-my! The Test Kitchen
- 1 pkg
- premade egg roll wrappers (wonton wrappers can be substituted in a pinch)
- 2 can(s)
- chunk white chicken
- 1/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- sweet relish
- 1 dash(es)
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1/2 c
- shredded cheese (i use cheddar, but swiss is also good)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 3 c
- vegetable oil (or enough to fill your favorite fryer)
- 1 bunch
- fresh chives or spring onions (for garnish)
- bleu cheese dressing or ranch dressing (as dipping sauce)
How to Make Quarterback Sacks
- 1Heat oil in fryer or pot to 360 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In medium sized bowl blend Chicken, Mayonaise, Cheese, Relish, Hot Sauce, Salt and Pepper
- 3Clean chives or spring onions and remove any white portions. Save these portions for another recipe or discard.
- 4Open egg roll wrappers on a dry workspace.
- 5Place one egg roll wrapper on a plate. In the center of the wrapper place two tablespoons of chicken mix.
- 6Pull the sides up of the egg roll wrapper like a small purse. Tie closed with a single green chive or green onion. Set aside.
- 7Continue this process until all of the chicken salad mixture is used. Making sure to keep the chicken "purses" dry.
- 8Gently place purses one at a time into the oil.
- 9Cook each purse about 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Using a slotted spoon or a spider remove the purses and place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up any additional oil.
- 11Allow them to cool 3-5 minutes before serving.
- 12Place them on a plate with a selection of dipping sauces such as ranch or bleu cheese dressing.