Pickled Beets and Eggs
216 ounce cans tiny whole beets, drained with juices reserved
1 smallonion, halved and thinly sliced into half-moons
8hard boiled eggs, peeled
1 cbeet juice
3/4 capple cider vinegar
1 1/2 tspsalt
How to Make Pickled Beets and Eggs
- Place beets, onion, and peeled eggs in a glass or plastic container. Set aside.
- In a medium-size saucepan, combine sugar, beet juice, vinegar, salt, pepper, bay leaves, cloves, and allspice.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Immediately pour simmering liquid and spices over beets and eggs.
- Cool to room temperature, cover, and refrigerate 48 hours before using.
- Eggs should be good for a week in the refrigerator