Parsi Deviled Eggs
- 6 large eggs, hard cooked
- 1 1/2 tsp. fresh lime juice, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
How to Make Parsi Deviled Eggs
- 1Shell eggs, cut in half lengthwise and put yolks in small bowl. Set egg whites aside. add all remaining ingredients except mayonnaise to the yolks, mashing well with a fork. Be sure the honey is well distributed. Stir in mayonnaise and taste for lime and salt. Spoon mixture into egg whites, cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Let come to room temperature before serving.
- 2To hard cook eggs, set them in a pan just big enough to hold them, then cover with water. Slowly bring water to a boil. Cover pan and remove from heat. Let eggs sit in pan for 14 minutes. For picture perfect eggs,use the French trick Julia Child used and Jacques Pepin favors; Plunge eggs into a bowl of ice water and let them sit for 20 minutes. No green rings around the yolks, and the eggs will be a cinch to peel. It’s important to let deviled eggs season a bit for best flavor. Two hours will do it, but overnight is better. You can play with the seasonings, using more butter, lime and/or jalapeno as you like.
- 3Note; I use parsley whenever cilantro is called for, as I'm not fond of cilantro. source unknown