Papaw's Devilled Eggs
- cold water, enough to cover eggs
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp
- sweet pickle relish
- green olives
How to Make Papaw's Devilled Eggs
- 1Put eggs into large pan; cover with cold water. Add 1 tsp salt. Bring to a full boil, then cover and turn off heat. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- 2Drain off hot water (after 15 minutes!) and put eggs into cold water. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- 3Peel the eggs and cut in half, lengthwise.
- 4Remove yolks from sliced eggs and place into small bowl. Set eggs whites aside.
- 5Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, sweet pickle relish and salt and pepper. You may need more mayonnaise - depends on how many eggs you use and how creamy you like the filling.
- 6Spoon (or use icing decorator bag) or pipe filling into each hollow of egg white. Top with half of green olive.
- 7Keep covered and chilled until ready to eat.