★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgcream cheese
1 pkgmexican chorizo (loose mexican spicy sausage)
How to Make Mexican style Jalapeno poppers
- Preheat oven to 350. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds and ribs ( leave some ribs and seeds if you want them super spicy) WEAR GLOVES AND ALSO PROTECT YOUR EYES!! Jalapeno juice in the eyes HURTS!!
- fry chorizo in skillet until cooked, about 5-7 minutes ( this will be very loose and almost like soupy hamburger, relax, its normal!) Add cream cheese and cook on low until its all melted and creamy.
- Spoon chorizo and cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno shells and lay flat on a baking sheet, filling side up.
- Cut bacon into pieces large enough to cover the pepper. Place bacon pieces on peppers.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until peppers are soft and bacon is crispy.