★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/2 c
- finely shredded parmesan, romano, or mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg
- mini phyllo shells-usually in the freezer case by frozen biscuits
- 3/4 c
- peeled and finely diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp
- finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp
- finely minced onions-preferably vidalia
- 1/4 tsp
- each: fresh ground black pepper, sea salt, garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- 2 Tbsp
- bacon bits
How to Make Mary Kay Andrews' 'Mater Tots
- 1Peel and dice tomatoes, sprinkle with seasoning mixture, and let juices and seeds drain in colander.
- 2Mix onion and basil with tomatoes and spoon into mini phyllo shells.
- 3"Frost" top of tomato-filled cups with mayo piped from a plastic bag with the corner snipped out.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese, add bacon bits, bake in 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes or 'til tops are lightly browned. Serve warm.