- 1+ pkg
- lumpia wrappers (i use the menlo brand)
- 1 lb
- groud beef (or 1 pound of ground pork)
- potatoes, grated (very important ingredient to keep the lumpia mixture moist)
- 3/4 c
- carrots, grated (you can use the frozen cubed carrots if don't want to grate the carrots by hand)
- 3/4 c
- peas, fresh or frozen
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 + c
- vegetable oil
How to Make Lumpia
- 1Please note that my mom eyeballs everything. I guesstimated on the amount of vegetables to put in. So put as many vegetables as you want in your lumpia mix.
- 2NOTE: Make sure that when you separate the lumpia wrappers that you cover the unfolded pile with a damp towel to keep it from drying out.
- 3Cook and brown the meat (drain meat if desired) in a big pot and add the vegetables and seasonings until fully cooked. Set aside and let it cool down for awhile.
- 4Now it's time to start rolling up the lumpias! Stuff the lumpia wrappers with the lumpia mixture, about a heaping tablespoon or more filling diagonally on one corner. Roll it up tightly, tuck in both ends and continue rolling. Moisten the the other edge of the wrapper with water or scramble an egg and use that as a sealer to keep the lumpias from opening up while it cooks.
A more detailed and visual description of this step can be shown youtube.com/watch?v=eGAl5JQssSs <- there.
- 5Heat a heavy skillet (or wok) over medium heat, add oil to at least 1 inch depth, and heat until hot. Slide 5+ lumpia into the oil. Fry the rolls for 1 to 3 minutes, until all sides are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve immediately.