★★★★★ 1 vote5
- roll of ritz crackers
- 8 oz
- low fat cream cheese, softened
- red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 4 c
- finely chopped roma tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp
- chopped sweet onion
- garlic cloves crushed
- 2 Tbsp
- cilantro, fresh chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice, fresh
- 1 1/2 tsp
- large fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp
- onion salt, garlic salt, dry parsley and dry basil
How to Make Italian Basil and Salsa Thins
- 1Mix all ingredients together with the exception of the cream cheese and crackers. Refrigerate 3 hours to chill.
- 2one hour prior to serving, mix softened cream cheese with one tsp each: dried basil, parsley,onion and garlic salt. Spread over the entire surface of the cracker. Top with 1/4 tsp of salsa mixture; avoid too much juice, go for the veggies.
- 3Take six good size fresh basil leaves; roll like a tight jelly roll. Cut with a sharp knife into small curly strips. Separate and decorate the tops of the crackers. Refrigerate 30 minutes and serve.
Left over salsa and it's juice is good on potatoes, rice or whatever needs a kick!