Gruyere Pizza with Caramel Onion
How to Make Gruyere Pizza with Caramel Onion
- 1Caramelize your onions ahead of time according to this recipe.
- 2Heat the oven to 500 degrees. If using a pizza stone, allow the stone to heat up along with the oven for a half hour before baking on it.
- 3Stretch out your dough on a cornmeal-dusted peel to about 10-12” in diameter. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil on the top of the dough.
- 4Cut strips or cubes of the Gruyere cheese and distribute along the top of the oiled dough. Top the cheese with the caramelized onions.
- 5Drizzle with Olive Oil, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 6Garnish with freshly chopped chives. Slide your pizza onto the stone in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- 7Remove from the oven and garnish with fresh basil. Serve!