- 1 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 8 slice
- french bread, 1/4" thick slices
- 2-4 Tbsp
- fruit spread or preserves (apricot, strawberry, raspberry, fig, peach, etc. your choice)
- 4 oz
- havarti cheese, sliced (can substitute gruyere, muenster or gouda)
- 1 large
- avocado, sliced
How to Make Grilled Havarti-Avocado Sandwiches w/Fruit Spread
- 1Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Butter four bread slices on one side only. Place slices, butter-side down, on a clean surface. Spread 1/2–1 tablespoon fruit spread or preserves of choice in a thin layer on each slice. Top with cheese and layer with avocado slices. Cover with remaining bread; butter tops.
- 2Place two sandwiches in the pan and cook for 2–3 minutes, until bread is golden brown and cheese has begun to melt. Flip sandwiches over, pressing down slightly with a spatula. Continue cooking until golden brown. Serve immediately.