- olive oil, for frying
- 1 c
- 2 c
- italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 box
- store-bought cheese ravioli (about 24 ravioli)
- 1/4 c
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 jar(s)
- store bought marinara sauce, heated, for dipping
How to Make Fried Ravioli
- 1Pour enough olive oil into a frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 325 degrees F.
- 2While the oil is heating, put the buttermilk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Working in batches, dip ravioli in buttermilk to coat completely. Allow the excess buttermilk to drip back into bowl. Dredge ravioli in the bread crumbs. Place the ravioli on a baking sheet, and continue with the remaining ravioli.
- 3When the oil is hot, fry the ravioli in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried ravili to paper towels to drain.
- 4Sprinkle the fried ravioli with Parmesan and serve with a bowl of warmed marinara sauce for dipping.