Deep Fried Onion Balls With Cajun Ranch Sauce
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a wonderfully different appetizer for your next dinner party! With 4 tablespoons of red pepper they do pack a healthy punch, but they were still definitely a unanimous hit with the entire Crew. The Test Kitchen
8 ozsour cream
1 smallpacket Hidden Valley Ranch
5 Tbspcajun seasoning, divided
4 1/2 Tbspcayenne pepper, divided
2 cself-rising flour
1 tspblack pepper
1 cmilk, add more if needed
2bags onion boilers, peeled
1 bottlecanola oil
How to Make Deep Fried Onion Balls With Cajun Ranch Sauce
- Preheat deep fryer to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl add the sour cream, ranch packet, 1 tablespoon of the Cajun seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of the cayenne pepper. Mix well. Chill while onion boilers cook.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, egg, and milk. Mix well.
- Add 4 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning to the batter.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the cayenne pepper to the batter.
- Add the salt and black pepper to the batter. Mix well.
- Take each onion boiler and coat with the batter. Deep fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Enjoy with Cajun sauce!