Crunchy Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles
I LOVE garlic dill pickles. I make these every year around the 4th of July to have on hane for picnics. They're crunchy, juicy, dill-y, garlicy........they're the best!
- pickling cucumbers, washed and sliced lengthwise
- large sweet onion, sliced
- large bunch fresh dill, washed and chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 1 qt
- water (4 cups)
- 1/2 qt
- apple cider vinegar (2 cups)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- pickling salt
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- pickling spice
- 1 tsp
How to Make Crunchy Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles
- 1Place cucumbers and onions in a plastic gallon container (I used an ice cream container),layering with the dill and garlic.
- 2Bring water, vinegar, salt, sugar and pickling spice to a boil in a large pot. Add the alum and stir until dissolved.
- 3Carefully pour boiling mixture over cucumbers and onions. Let cool for at least 1 hour.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 to 2 days, but no longer than 2 weeks.
About Crunchy Refrigerator Garlic Dill Pickles
Show 38 Comments & Reviews