- vegetable oil for frying
- 1 c
- frenchs french fried onions
- 1/2 c
- bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- egg substitute
- 1 pkg
- portebello mushroons (8 ounces) monterey brand
- salt an pepper to taste
How to Make Crispy Onion-Crusted Portobellos
- 1In med saucepan, heat 1 inch of oil to 350degrees f.
Place fr5ench-fried onions in a lrg zip-top bag. Press out air an seal. use a rolling pin to crush onions in bag. Pour crushed onions into a pie plate an mix with bread crumbs. season to taste with salt an pepper.
- 2pour egg substitute into a shallow bowl. dip a portabello slice in egg substitute an shake off excess. Dredge in bread crumb mixture until well coated place on a rack. Repeat with remaining portebellos.
- 3Working in batches, fry portebellos about 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. place on paper towels.serve with your favorite dip