Ciao Bella Fried Artichokes
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
How to Make Ciao Bella Fried Artichokes
- Remove tough outer layers of artichoke leaves to reveal tender center. Leaves should be lighter in color. Cut top half of artichoke off, almost half way down. Remove choke if necessary. Trim stem and peel outer layer.
- Cut each artichoke "heart" vertically into 4-5 slices. Place slices in a bowl of water with half a lemon squeezed in to prevent browning.
- Preheat about an inch of oil in a large skillet, about 350 degrees.
- Now make a dipping station. Place flour in one dish or bowl. Combine eggs,parmesan cheese,onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in another dish or bowl.
- Remove artichokes from water and dry thoroughly. Dip in flour, remove excess. Dip in egg mixture and fry in oil for about 5-7 minutes per side or until golden brown and tender. Place on paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve with lemon wedges. Enjoy!