Chicken Curry Tea Sandwich
If you need to make tea sandwiches in advance and need to keep them from drying out, cover them loosely with a sheet of wax paper and then place a damp kitchen towel over the wax paper (never place a damp towel directly on top of the bread because the sandwiches will become soggy). Refrigerate.
When ready to serve, remove from refrigerator. Uncover sandwiches just before serving.
- cooked whole chicken breasts, finely chopped
- 1/4 c
- finely-chopped nuts
- celery stalks, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- mayonnaise (just enough to moisten)
- curry powder or paste to taste
- 16 slice
- best-quality white bread*
- 1/2 c
- unsalted butter, room temperature
* CHOOSE THE BEST-QUALITY WHITE OR WHEAT BREAD AS POSSIBLE. NEVER SERVE END SLICES. FREEZING THE BREAD BEFORE CUTTING AND THEN SPREADING MAKES FOR EASIER HANDLING.
How to Make Chicken Curry Tea Sandwich
- 1In a large bowl, combine chicken, nuts, celery, salt, and mayonnaise; stir until well blended. Add curry powder or paste (Remember, a little goes a long way with curry - be careful).
- 2Spread one side of each piece of bread lightly with butter. Top the buttered side of 8 slices of bread with some of the chicken mixture and top with the remaining bread slices, buttered side down.
- 3Carefully cut the crusts from each sandwich with a long, sharp knife. Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and then cut in half again.