☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lb
- extra sharp cheddar (shredded)
- 1/2 lb
How to Make Cheddar Cheese Straws
- 1Preheat oven to 400
Sift flour three times with salt and cayenne pepper. ( I omit the cayenne).
- 2Add grated cheddar to flour. Melt butter and allow to cool a bit. Mix butter with other ingredients to form a stiff dough.
- 3Roll on lightly floured waxed paper in a 1/4 thick rectangle.
- 4Cut dough into strips that are approx. 1/2 wide and 4 inches long. Bake for 15 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets.