★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- braunchweiger (i prefer koegel's)
- 12 oz
- cream cheese (reserve 3 oz. for frosting ball)
- green onions, chopped fine.
- 2 Tbsp
- milk or beer, your choice!
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- sliced olives or capers, or parsley!! to garnish finished ball.
How to Make Braunschweiger Ball
- 1Into my Large stand mixer I add the braunschweiger and cream cheese, onions, beer and worcestershire sauce. I mix it very well so there are not big clumps of braunschweiger or cream cheese.
- 2I turn it out onto waxed paper or parchment. I form the ball or make smaller ones for gifts to share, at this point. Using the leftover creamcheese for frosting the balls, them garnish them how ever I think is neat. Use capers, green or black olives, parsley...basically anything savory.
- 3Place wrapped into the refrigerator for 5 hours to set up!!! You will get loads of compliments and raves for the recipe!!!