★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 3 lb
- green peanuts
- 1/4 c
- 6 c
How to Make Boiled Peanuts
- 1Rinse the peanuts until the water runs clear.
- 2Place into a slow cooker. Add in the salt and pour in the water.
- 3Cook for 12 hours on high setting, checking occasionally to add more water if needed. Turn slow cooker to warm setting and allow to sit in slow cooker for another 9 - 12 hours. Serve straight out of the slow cooker to keep warm, straining off the brine and pouring into bowls or cups.
- 4FREEZING BOILED PEANUTS: Prepare peanuts as indicated above. Drain, allow to cool and freeze in airtight containers. They will keep indefinitely in the freezer. Mama would do this in the summer time and then pull them out on our Saturday "refreshment" night.
- 5There is really no wrong way to boil peanuts. My mama used the pressure cooker to cut down on cooking time. I like the crock pot method so I can just put them in and forget about them.