Blue Ribbon Recipe
Wow... the pancetta is the star of this recipe. Pancetta is a great twist on traditional bacon (which would be a good substitute and just as delicious). If you love a BLT, then you'll devour these! And who doesn't love to eat food from a stick? The Test Kitchen
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 lb
- (1/2-inch-thick) sliced pancetta, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 pt
- cherry tomatoes, halved
- (1-ounce) package fresh basil
- 3 c
- (1-inch) cubed sourdough bread
How to Make BLT Skewers
- 1In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add pancetta. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove pancetta and drain on paper towels until cool.
- 2On 4-inch skewers, thread 2 pieces pancetta, 1 cherry tomato half, 1 basil leaf, and 1 bread cube.
- 3Here's a great tip for halving the tomatoes. Take two round lids put some tomatoes on one and cover with the other. With a sharp knife cut between the lids. Repeat until all are halved.
- 4Serve with my ranch dressing, makes a great dip.