Black-Eyed Pea Fritters1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1/2 lb
- black-eyed peas, soaked
- garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- black pepper
- 4 Tbsp
How to Make Black-Eyed Pea Fritters
- 1When peas have softened, rub off skins then soak an additional 30 minutes.
- 2Drain and rinse. In a food processor, process peas, garlic, salt and pepper.
- 3Add water while continuing to process.
- 4Add enough water to get a smooth, thick puree.
- 5Preheat oven to 250.
- 6In a large skillet, heat 2 to 3 inches oil and fry 1 tablespoon of the batter until its golden brown.
- 7Repeat until all the batter has been fried in this way.
- 8Keep in oven to keep hot.
- 9Serve piping hot, sprinkled with salt and lime juice.