Black-Eyed Pea Fritters1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbblack-eyed peas, soaked
4garlic cloves, crushed
1 tspblack pepper
How to Make Black-Eyed Pea Fritters
- When peas have softened, rub off skins then soak an additional 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse. In a food processor, process peas, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add water while continuing to process.
- Add enough water to get a smooth, thick puree.
- Preheat oven to 250.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 to 3 inches oil and fry 1 tablespoon of the batter until its golden brown.
- Repeat until all the batter has been fried in this way.
- Keep in oven to keep hot.
- Serve piping hot, sprinkled with salt and lime juice.