Bella Portabella Sandwiches
- 4 medium
- fresh portabella mushrooms (about 4 ounces each), stems removed
- 5 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 6 oz
- feta cheese
- 2 clove
- garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 c
- (6 oz.) sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 c
- lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 8 slice
- crusty white bread, toasted
- 4 c
- trimmed spinach leaves, stems removed
How to Make Bella Portabella Sandwiches
- 1In a 12-inch skillet (preferably nonstick), heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add mushroom caps, smooth side up; cover and cook until caps look moist, about 8 minutes. Turn caps; cover and cook until browned and tender, about 7 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- 2Meanwhile, in a food processor container, combine feta and garlic; pulse 2 or 3 times, until chopped. Add tomatoes, basil and the remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil; pulse just until mixture is spreadable but a bit chunky.
- 3Spread mixture on bread slices, dividing evenly. Arrange spinach leaves and mushroom caps on 4 of the bread slices; top with remaining bread.
To serve, cut sandwiches in halves.