★★★★★ 1 vote5
3-4 can(s)whole waterchestnuts
1 bottlechilli sauce
1 cbrown sugar
How to Make Bacon wrapped chestnuts in yummy sauce
- Cut bacon in half (the whole pound right down the middle)
- Wrap a pices of bacon around whole waterchestnut.
Secure with round toothpick
Do until chestnuts and bacon is gone
- Place wrapped bacon chestnuts on sheet pan or deeper oven pan
Bake at 350 until bacon is done
- Meanwhile in med saucepan, combine mayonnaise, chilli sauce and brown sugar over meduim to low heat
Strring often to make sure all is blended very well.
(will look brown color)
- When bacon chestnuts are done, trasfer to deep dish or pan in single layer (not on top of each other)
- Pour well mixed chilli mixture over chestnuts and serve!
- We like the sauce so much I sometimes double it and add cocktail weeniers with toothpicks in them all in the same dish!
- I have made so many of these throughout the years, I could do it blindfolded! lol ENJOY!!