- 3-4 can(s)
- whole waterchestnuts
- 1-11/2 lb
- 1 c
- 1 bottle
- chilli sauce
- 1 c
- brown sugar
How to Make Bacon wrapped chestnuts in yummy sauce
- 1Cut bacon in half (the whole pound right down the middle)
- 2Wrap a pices of bacon around whole waterchestnut.
Secure with round toothpick
Do until chestnuts and bacon is gone
- 3Place wrapped bacon chestnuts on sheet pan or deeper oven pan
Bake at 350 until bacon is done
- 4Meanwhile in med saucepan, combine mayonnaise, chilli sauce and brown sugar over meduim to low heat
Strring often to make sure all is blended very well.
(will look brown color)
- 5When bacon chestnuts are done, trasfer to deep dish or pan in single layer (not on top of each other)
- 6Pour well mixed chilli mixture over chestnuts and serve!
- 7We like the sauce so much I sometimes double it and add cocktail weeniers with toothpicks in them all in the same dish!
- 8I have made so many of these throughout the years, I could do it blindfolded! lol ENJOY!!