This is a recipe I got from a cooking site. Its a traditional Middle Eastern vegetarian appetizer. The grilled eggplant gives this a nice smokey flavor. The garlic and the sesame is a nice touch also! I've made this many times and my guests love it!
- small eggplants-cut in half lengthwise
- 4 large
- cloves garlic-chopped
- 4 Tbsp
- sesame tahini
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh squeezed lemon juice or to taste
- 1 tsp
- kosher salt or to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- dusting of paprika
How to Make Baba Ghanoush
- 1Roast Eggplants on Grill / or over gas burner until tender (skin will be burned - that's OK)
- 2Peel & Chop Roasted Eggplants
- 3Add Chopped Eggplant, Chopped Garlic, Tahini, Lemon Juice, and Salt to food processor and pulse/puree until smooth
- 4Adjust Lemon Juice & Salt to taste.
- 5Move to serving bowl, drizzle with Olive Oil and dust with Paprika.
- 6Serve with warm Pita Chips, Crackers, or Vegetable Sticks.
You May Also Like:
Show 7 Comments & Reviews