By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 Tbsp
- 12 slice
- eggplant (thin), diced
- 1 large
- red bell pepper, diced
- pita bread rounds
- 1.5 c
- prepared spaghetti sauce
- 2.5 oz
- pepperoni, thinly sliced
- 1 small
- onion, thinly sliced
How to Make Athenian Pizza
- 1Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add diced eggplant, a little at a time, and cook until golden brown, adding remaining oil as needed.
- 3Drain eggplant on paper towels.
- 4Add red pepper and cook until tender-crisp.
- 5Drain on paper towels.
- 6Separate pita breads, pulling completely apart into halves.
- 7Arrange on baking sheet, cut sides up.
- 8Spread 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce on each pita bread half.
- 9Top with some of eggplant, red pepper, pepperoni and onion slices.
- 10Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.