By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
12 sliceeggplant (thin), diced
1 largered bell pepper, diced
6pita bread rounds
1.5 cprepared spaghetti sauce
2.5 ozpepperoni, thinly sliced
1 smallonion, thinly sliced
How to Make Athenian Pizza
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced eggplant, a little at a time, and cook until golden brown, adding remaining oil as needed.
- Drain eggplant on paper towels.
- Add red pepper and cook until tender-crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Separate pita breads, pulling completely apart into halves.
- Arrange on baking sheet, cut sides up.
- Spread 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce on each pita bread half.
- Top with some of eggplant, red pepper, pepperoni and onion slices.
- Bake at 400 for 5 minutes.