Wewalka Puff Pastry filled with Pork Sausage
1 pkgwewalka puff pastry (1 sheet)
1/2 lbpork sausage, your choice
1 cstuffing mix, pork
1/2 cchopped onion
1/2 cchopped green, red or orange peppers
3/4 cchopped mushrooms
1/4 tspweber steak and chop seasoning or your choice of seasoning
How to Make Wewalka Puff Pastry filled with Pork Sausage
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Beat 1 egg and the tablespoon of water together and set aside.
- Cook the onion, peppers and mushrooms in a skillet on medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Mix together cooked onion, peppers, mushrooms, sausage, salt, pepper, Weber seasoning, stuffing and 1 egg.
- Unroll the Wewalka Puff Pastry on a cookie sheet. Leave parchment paper on, it will not burn. Cuts slits that are 1" apart and 1 1/2",s long on both of the long sides of the rectangle puff pastry with a knife or pizza cutter. Spoon the sausage/stuffing mixture down the middle of the puff pastry dough. Starting at one end, fold the strips of puff pastry over the filling, alternating strips on each side, to cover the sausage/stuffing mixture. Brush the puff pastry with the egg and water mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and filling is cooked through.
- Cool for 10 minutes and slice to serve. Pork gravy can be spooned over each piece, if you so desire.