1/2 cshoyu (soy sauce, or light soy sauce, as desired)
2 Tbspwhixkey, bourbon or wine
2 tspworcestershire sauce
3 Tbspbrown sugar
3nickel sized slices of fresh ginger, very finely minced
2 can(s)water chestnuts, minced
3 Tbspminced fresh garlic
2-1/2 lbground chuck
1 lblean ground pork
1 Tbspfresh parsley, minced or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
How to Make Teriyaki Meatballs
- Mix all the liquid ingredients and brown sugar.
- Mix the beef and the pork; add the minced water chestnuts, very finely minced ginger and garlic; combine well with the meat and add liquid to the mixture.
- Pinch off about the size of quarter piece of meat and roll into meatballs
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or aluminum foil; place cooling rack on the sheet and line up the meatballs close, but not touching.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes. You want them to lightly brown and be cooked through.