Sweet and Sour Sausage Balls
You can certainly cut this recipe in half. Also these freeze well.
- 4 lb
- pork sausage (we use hot sausage)
- eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c
- soft bread crumbs (can use canned)
- 3 c
- catsup or tomato sauce (i use catsup)
- 3/4 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce
How to Make Sweet and Sour Sausage Balls
- 1Mix together sausage, eggs, and bread crumbs. Shape mixture into walnut-sized balls. Saute in frying pan until browned on all sides. Drain.
- 2Combine catsup, brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce. Pour over sausage balls and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot (I put them in a crock pot to keep them hot).
- 3If made ahead, refrigerate or freeze sausage balls in sauce. Reheat in a 350* oven for 20 minutes.
Makes 150 balls-recipe can be cut in half.