Sugared Bacon-Wrapped Smokies
Joanne Cavallone Corse
How to Make Sugared Bacon-Wrapped Smokies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil; lightly coat with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Wrap each sausage link with a bacon piece, overlapping the bacon piece at the end. Press the end of the bacon piece to seal or secure it with a wooden toothpick.
- Place brown sugar in a large plastic storage bag. Add several bacon-wrapped sausages to bag and seal. Shake bag gently to coat sausages with brown sugar;place sausages in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining bacon-wrapped sausages and brown sugar.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until the bacon is browned. Serve immediately. Makes about 45 appetizers.
- Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed through Step 3. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. To serve,uncover and bake as directed in Step 4.