☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbflank steak
2 Tbspblack peppercorns, whole
1 Tbspsteak rub
1 Tbspcrushed red pepper flakes
1/2 cteriyaki marinade
1/2 cred wine
1 1/2 cbeef broth
How to Make Steak Jerky
- Freeze meat for 20-30 minutes. Slice thinly (1/8 inch) along the grain.
- Put peppercorns in a ziplock bag and roll over with a rolling pin until cracked, not crushed.
- Place sliced meat, peppercorns and rest of ingredients in large ziplock bag. Squeeze out air and seal. Knead to mix ingredients well. Marinate in refrigerator 8 hrs or overnight.
- Version 1: Preheat oven to 150º F. Line 2 baking sheets with foil. Put wire cooling racks on foil. Lay strips of meat in a single layer on racks. Place in oven, leaving door partly ajar and dry for 8 - 12 hours.
- Version 2: Lay strips in single layer with space between each one on racks of dehydrator. Follow manufacturer's directions for meat. Will take 8-12 hours.
- Store in airtight container. Makes about 12 oz.