Spring Rolls (my mother's recipe)
2 lbground pork or ground chicken
1/2 cchopped onions
1 tspsea salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 tspgarlic powder
4egg yolks, save white for egg wash
1-1/2 cgrated or shredded carrots
3 cbean sprouts, must be dry
2-1/2 ozbean threads, also call rice noodles
1 tspground ginger
1/2 csoy sauce, low sodium
1 pkgfilipino lumpia wrappers
How to Make Spring Rolls (my mother's recipe)
- Soak the bean threads in water for 1 hour. Drain well. Cut threads into 4 inches pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat Hot oil in deep fryer.
Mix pork, onion, salt, pepper, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, and yolks together well.
- Add carrots, bean sprouts, and bean threads, mix using fork and spoon.
- Place a couple of teaspoons of mixture on a wrap.
- Wet the edges of wraps using egg whites mix with water, roll them up and seal. Using the egg whites and water mixuter on the edges helps to create a seal.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown, drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce of your choice. Enjoy!