Spicy Tailgate Meatballs
PS - Go Bucks!!!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbground chuck
1 lbbulk italian sausage, hot or sweet
1 mediumonion, finely diced
1 mediumgreen or red sweet pepper, finely diced
2granny smith apples, peeled and finely diced
2 ccatsup, divided
2 tspsea salt
2 tspgranulated garlic
1 tspred chili pepper flakes
1 1/2 cpanko bread crumbs
213 ounce jars habanero or jalapeno pepper jelly
214 ounce cans whole berry cranberry sauce
How to Make Spicy Tailgate Meatballs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add ground chuck, sausage, onion, sweet pepper, half of the diced apples, ½ cup catsup, sea salt, pepper, chili pepper flakes, granulated garlic, Panko bread crumbs, and eggs. Using your hands, mix until combined, but do not over mix.
- Spray large baking sheets with cooking spray. Roll meatballs slightly smaller than the size of golf balls. Place on baking sheets. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool completely leaving them on the baking sheets. (Can be refrigerated to cool)
- While meatballs are cooling, combine remaining diced apples, remaining catsup, pepper jelly, and cranberry sauce in a medium saucepan. Over medium low heat, stir until well blended. Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 10 minutes.
- Carefully add cooled meatballs. Stir gently and continue to cook over low heat until meatballs are heated through. Place meatballs and sauce in crock pot on warm setting, or in other serving dish that can be kept warm. Serve with appetizer toothpicks on the side.Enjoy