I sometimes add a fried egg to go on top of the spam..
How to Make Spam Musubi
- 1Prepare spam: use 1(7 0z)can of spam, sliced into 7 pieces lengthwise. Place sliced spam in frying pan.
Add the shoyu, sugar and mirin. Cook spam in sauce until liquid is reduced and thickened. Set aside.
- 2Prepare 4 cups rice ( cup equals measuring cup that comes with your rice cooker)Cut the nori sheets into 2 pieces.
1. place nori on wax paper. Put mold on center of
2. Fill about 3 teaspoons of cooked rice on the nori
3. Add prepared spam (and fried egg if you use the
egg(optional). add about the same amount of cooked rice over the spam. Take the mold cover and press down on the rice.spam.rice. Lift up the mold cover and then wrap the Nori at each end over the rice spam mold. * Note.. I wrap the musubi in saran wrap if going to eat later and just warm it up in the microwave. Or just eat cold. If you don't have a mold for the musubi I have heard some women use the empty spam can. just cut the other opening to the can.