Slow Baked Chicken Wings
Mary Ann Hanson
Blue Ribbon Recipe
The sauce won me over on these wings. It's really good, and different. The slow baking made the meat just fall off the bone. The Kitchen Crew gobbled these up! The Test Kitchen
- 5 lb
- chicken wing drummettes or wing pieces, thawed
- 1 c
- low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- 1/2 c
- white sugar
- 1/2 c
- Dorothy Lynch or other sweet type French dressing
- 5 clove
- peeled garlic
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp
- dried pepper flakes or chipotle pepper
How to Make Slow Baked Chicken Wings
- 1Pour thawed chicken wings into a large greased baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour turning once. This is just to render out the fat.
- 2Transfer wings to another pan lined with greased foil. I do this to get wings out of the juice and grease from the previous cooking time. Foil just makes it easier to clean up afterwards.
- 3Blend all sauce ingredients together in a blender and pour over wings in the final pan. Bake slowly at 250 degrees for about another 1-1/2 hours basting every 30 minutes or so. They are done, just determine if they are basted with sauce.
- 4Eat right away or cool and warm up and place in a lined (just thinking about cleanup) crock-pot to serve later.
- 5Add extra pepper or hot sauce if you like. These can even be placed on the serving table. These wings take a while to make but you can do a lot while they are baking. Enjoy as these are really good!
- 6I have not tried these with the traditional Buffalo sauce but want to do that. I just like not having to fry them.