★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 8 oz
- mild, sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- heavy whipping cream
- tortilla chips or cornchips
- sour cream (optional)
- tomatoes, diced (optional)
- chopped chives (optional)
How to Make Simple Taco Nachos
- 1Brown ground beef in a medium to large pan. Once beef is browned drain oil.
- 2Return beef to pan and add taco seasoning mix and water to beef. Stir and simmer until liquid in pan starts to thicken.
- 3Add in 4-5 ounces of shredded cheese and stir until cheese is melted and then add in the heavy whipping cream. Stir until liquid in pan is smooth.
- 4On a plate, add a handful or so of tortilla or corn chips.
- 5Place 1 large spoonful of meat mixture on top of chips.
- 6(This Step is Optional!) On top of meat and chips, add sour cream, tomatoes, chives and cheese.
- 7You're finished now enjoy while it's still warm!!