Savory Poppy Seed Ham & Cheese Buscuits
1 pkgmartin's party size potato rolls
1 pkgham deli meat
1 pkgswiss cheese slices
1 stickbutter or margarine
1 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsppoppy seeds
1/2 tspdried mustard seasoning
2 tspminced onion
How to Make Savory Poppy Seed Ham & Cheese Buscuits
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Take out one group of the Martin's party rolls (there are typically two groups of 12 ea in a bag that are still all attached). I slice 1/2 way through one section, making a top and bottom but keeping everything still attached (so it's almost like a big sandwich).
- Cover the bottom section with pieces of ham. The amount is really to your preference and how thick you would like the biscuits although typically I wouldn't do more than doubling it. Next place the slices of swiss cheese on top of the ham. Again somewhat to your preference but again typically no more than double.
- Place the top of the rolls back on top of the ham and cheese. Repeat all steps for the second section of rolls. Place each group on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- For sauce, melt butter (can either do in a small saucepan on the stove or I've even done in a coffee mug in the microwave and mixed everything in there). Add in all dry ingredients.
- With some sort of basting brush, generously brush the mixture onto the top of the rolls. Be sure to keep mixing so as to get the poppy seeds and minced onion as they might settle on the bottom. Place in heated oven for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and AGAIN generously brush the top of the rolls with the butter mixture. Return to the oven for approximately 6-7 minutes.
Remove from oven and cut along the pre-cut lines of the rolls. Serve warm.