Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- mushrooms, stems removed and chopped
- onion, diced
- celery ribs, diced
- 1 lb
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese, philly stir in italian
- 1/2 c
- italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 c
- parmesan cheese
- 1 stick
- butter, divided
- garlic powder, onion powder, italian seasoning, salt, and pepper
- additonal cheese to sprinkle on top
How to Make Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Brown the sausage. Drain and save the grease. Add grease with 2 T. Butter and saute the onion, celery, and minced stems. Add back the sausage.
- 2Put cream cheese, shredded ceese and seasonings to a bowl and mix well. Add breadcrumbs and parmesan. Mix rest of butter (melted) to meat mixture, and fold the two mixtures together.
- 3Add more breadcrumbs or parmesan if mixture is too loose. Spoon into the mushroom caps. I use a cookies scoop. Sprinkle with more cheese of your choice. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.