1 lbground pork sausage with sage
1onion, finely chopped
1 pkg1 pkt stove top – finely crushed
2 tspdry sage
2 tspground black pepper
1 pkg(2 sheets) pepperidge farm frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
How to Make Sausage Rolls
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. In a medium bowl, mix together ground pork sausage w/sage, onion, Stove Top, sage, egg and pepper.
4. Roll one pastry sheet into a 12x12 inch square and divide into 3 equal strips.
5. Roll sausage mixture into long sausages (to fit pastry strip).
6. Place sausage onto strip of pastry; moisten 1 edge with water. Fold over and seal the edges with a moist fork.
7. Slice the roll into approximately 1 inch pieces. Brush with milk or beaten egg. Repeat with second pastry sheet and remaining sausage mixture. 2 pastry sheets yields approx. 6 doz. pieces.
8. Bake approximately 20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Serve warm. These can be frozen and cooked without thawing; adjust cooking time.