Sausage & Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Adding to the list of our Cousins Reunion foods.
Picture: Kroger advertisement
- 15-20 small
- cremini mushroom caps - sometimes called baby portabellos
- 8 oz
- good quality bulk breakfast sausage
- 6-8 slice
- bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, well-softened
- 1 c
- panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1/4 c
- chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Sausage & Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth. Remove and trim stems; chop stems and reserve. Arrange caps on a parchment-lined shallow baking sheet.
- 2Cook and crumble sausage into fine crumbs until well done. Drain off fat and pat excess fat from sausage with paper towels.
- 3Combine sausage, bacon, softened cream cheese, bread crumbs, reserved mushroom stems, garlic powder, and parsley until well-mixed. Stuff and mound about a tablespoon of filling into each mushroom cap.
- 4Top each with 1/2 teaspoon shredded Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.