How to Make Rumaki
- Clean livers, removing fat and yucky tissues. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Mix teriyaki sauce (or soy sauce), rice wine vinegar and sugar until sugar dissolves. Heat in large skillet. When mixture is hot, add chicken livers and saute until juices run clear or livers are cooked through.
- Cut slices of bacon into thirds. Cut water chestnuts in half (or use sliced). Wrap a piece of liver and a piece of water chestnut in a slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 425, checking every 5 minutes until bacon is crispy and brown.
- I also like to make an extra batch of sauce for dipping. Some people like to soak the livers in the sauce for a couple of hours before sauteing. Even people who don't normally like chicken livers will snatch these up!