Po' Man's Ham Salad (makes enough to feed a group)
- 2 lb
- deli bologna (buy in bulk from the butcher-get the least expensive one!)
- 3/4 c
- salad dressing (like miracle whip, but try to find the least expensive brand. they are just as good!) can use more if needed.
- 2/3 c
- finely minced celery
- 2/3 c
- finely minced sweet onion
- 1/2 c
- sweet pickle relish (may use more--to your taste)
- 1 small
- jar chopped, drained pimientos (optional...that's my own addition... wasn't marge's idea.)
How to Make Po' Man's Ham Salad (makes enough to feed a group)
- 1Remove the red plastic sheath from around the bologna. Run through a chopper or food processor. Don't process it too much, just enough to make it a salad or spread-type consistency. Run the celery and onion through the chopper as well to achieve a fine minced consistency.
- 2Add salad dressing and the rest of the ingredients. Mix together very well to blend the flavors. Refrigerate in a plastic container with a tight fitting lid until you are ready to use it. (If you refrigerate it overnight before using it, it will taste even better!!)
- 3This makes a lot of sandwiches for an occasion or for your own use at home. It really does taste like a deviled ham spread, but is made with bologna! And the cost per serving is nominal, as opposed to buying a prepared ham spread!
Bon Apetit' Y'all!