PIPIKAULA - HAWAIIAN STYLE BEEF JERKY
Jo Anne Sugimoto
How to Make PIPIKAULA - HAWAIIAN STYLE BEEF JERKY
- Cut the flank steak into 1 1/2 inch strips.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well, be sure that all the salt and sugar crystals are dissolved.
- Soak all the meat strips in the marinade overnight in the refrigerator.
- Use a rack with a drip pan below, you might want to cover the pan with foil for easier clean-up.
- Place all the strips of meat on the wire rack without it touching each other.
- Bake in the oven at 175 degrees for 7 to 8 hours. It should be pliable and not burnt.
- Slice it up diagonally. Keep it in an air tight container or in a zip-lock bag.
- Keep refrigerated.