Nuea Satay (Satay Beef)
1/3 ccoconut milk
2 Tbspfresh cilantro/coriander leaves, chopped
3 Tbspwhite granulated sugar
1 Tbspyellow curry powder
1/3 casian fish sauce (nam pla)
1 Tbsppeanut oil
8 ozsirloin or flank steak, cut in long narrow strips 1 inch wide by 3 inches long
How to Make Nuea Satay (Satay Beef)
- In a large bowl,mix all the marinade ingredients together. Reserve some marinade to cook with later.
- Add meat strips one at a time to marinade and refrigerate, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Drain excess marinade from meat and weave each strip onto an 8 inch skewer lengthwise.
- Broil/Grill for 5 minutes on each side or pan-fry.
TO PAN-FRY: Brush a large non-stick skillet with coconut milk and/or reserved marinade and cook meat for 2 to 3 minutes per side while brushing with liquid as you turn meat.
- Serve with Peanut Sauce. Recipe follows.
Nam Jim Satay (peanut sauce)
1-3/4 cups coconut milk.
2 Tablespoons red curry paste.
1/4 cup thai fish sauce.
3 Tablespoons sugar.
1 cup finely ground roasted peanuts.
Combine all ingredients and simmer in medium saucepan for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
MAKES: 2-1/2 cups