★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 pkgpitted dates
1 lbbacon thin sliced
3 or 4canned pineapple rings
1/4 cbrown sugar light or dark
How to Make Mock Rumaki
- Cook bacon until 2/3 to 3/4 done, then cut strips into thirds. Soak Tooth Picks in Water.
- Open the pitted Dates enough to stuff with a small wedge of Pineapple cut from the rings.
- Wrap with prepared Bacon and secure with Tooth Picks you have soaked in water. Dip and roll in the Brown sugar. Place on foil lined cookie sheet or pizza platter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30/40 minutes. Turn pieces half way through cooking to assist in preventing sticking. Brown Sugar and Sugar in Dates is prone to sticking.
- When Bacon appears crisp remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Scrape from foil with spatula if necessary.
- These go fast and are a welcomed surprise to guests. My sister is renowned for her Rumaki at our Holiday Gatherings. So, I got a sideways glance when I first arrived with these. All was forgiven when she realized I wasn't a Total Copycat.