Meatballs In Peanut Curry Sauce
I love anything curry!! It is delicious!!
*pic from the web
- 1 lb
- med-lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp
- 4 clove
- garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- red curry paste
- 1 c
- canned coconut milk, shake well first so you get the creamy part in there too
- 2 Tbsp
- chunky peanut butter
- 2 tsp
- fish sauce
- 11/2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- chopped fresh basil leaves ...i prefer cilantro
* Sprinkle s/p over meat and mix well. Shape into small, firm balls and put on a large baking sheet.
* Bake for approx 12-15 mins till meatballs are brown and cooked through. You may have to turn them 1/2 way through. Remove from oven to paper towel lined plate.
* In a saute pan add 2 tsps oil and cook garlic until barely brown...be careful not to burn remove and set aside.
* To pan add the red curry and fry til it releases its aroma. , stirring so it doesn't stick. Add the cooked garlic and the cocnut milk and then stir in the peanut butter Cook and stir until smooth. Add the fish sauce and sugar. tasting and adding more curry paste if you like.
* Return the meatballs to the pan and stir gently to cover in sauce.
* Garnish with basil....or like me...cilantro!!