Lip Smackin' Pig Wings
I can say these are truly "lip smackin'". Although I did not use the hot spices on the ones for me -everyone else enjoyed the fire! LOL
This recipe will work for other meats too even hot dogs, sausage, chicken and beef roast slices. So go ahead and make another another batch with beef roast or other meaty morsels.
*Remember each meat cooks at different length of time, but same temperature.
Recipe idea from: "Dr.BBQ" Lampe.
- 1-inch thick boneless pork chops
- 12 slice
- bacon-not thick sliced
- bbq sauce for dipping (i like kraft of other)
- 1/2 c
- raw sugar
- 1/2 c
- kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp
- chili powder( i used very little)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- each garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- each of onion powder, pepper. ground coffee, and lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper ( i did not use)
How to Make Lip Smackin' Pig Wings
- 1Cut each pork chop into three strips. To wrap the "wings" start by overlapping the bacon on one end of a pork strip. then wrapping it up and around in a spiral fashion. Secure the bacon at the top and bottom ad needed.Season the bacon-wrapped wings liberally with the rub.
- 2Prepare your outdoor cooker to cook indirectly at 235^., using medium pecan wood for smoke flavor. Place the wings directly on the cooking fried and cook for 90 minutes, or until the bacon is cooked. You may want to finish these on a hot grill or under the broiler to crisp the bacon. Serve hot with barbecue sauce for dipping.
May bake in oven at 325^ until done and crisp bacon under broiler if necessary.
- 3Barbecue Rub:
Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. The rub may be stored in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 6 months.
Because I do not care for to spicy food. I used Sweet chili sauce and dipped each in this and brushed each pig wing several time during baking in the oven .