Lil' Smokey Snacks
I never remember the actual name of the sausages, but my mom always called them "Little Smokeys"
- 1 pkg
- pre-cooked bite-size smoked sausage pieces
- 1 c
- sweet barbecue sauce
- block style sharp flavor or swiss cheese (sliced thin and into 1/2 inch squares)
- few tsp
- hot sauce
- 1 box
- townhouse or other buttery flavored crackers that can be topped
How to Make Lil' Smokey Snacks
- 1Drain off any water/juices off the sausage bites and put them in a microwave safe bowl.
Stir in the bbq sauce until they are well coated, may take a little more than a cup depending how large a package of sausage you use is.
Microwave just long enough to heat the sausages, be careful not to let the bbq sauce bubble.
- 2Place the crackers on a small baking sheet or toaster oven pan.
On each cracker, place a sausage, topped with a slice of cheese just large enough to cover the sausage, and a drop or two of hot sauce (if you like some extra kick).
Place in the toaster oven or regular oven at about 350 degrees just long enough to melt the cheese.
- 3Cool just enough to handle and serve hot.